SOJOURN is hiring a Director of Development!
AGENCY: Southern Jewish Resource Network, Inc. for Gender & Sexual Diversity (SOJOURN)
ABOUT SOJOURN: SOJOURN was founded in 2001 as The Rainbow Center. Supported by the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta and Jewish Family & Career Services/Atlanta, it was a central point to promote change and inclusion for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and additional identities (LGBTQ+) Jews and people of all faiths throughout metro Atlanta. As the country’s social and political attitudes evolved, The Rainbow Center experienced enormous growth.
In 2013, The Rainbow Center became an independent nonprofit, SOJOURN, the Southern Jewish Resource Network for Gender and Sexual Diversity. We think of our work as a "sojourn," a temporary stay where we are a home on the journey to full inclusion.
ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS: SOJOURN went through a strategic planning process in 2021. Our focus is on impact; to include teen and older adult programming, expanding and deepening our reach across the South, and advocacy to ensure that LGBTQ+ individuals are fully protected in all parts of their lives.
General Statement of Duties:
● Create, manage, maintain, and execute an annual Development Plan.
● Partner with and support Executive Director (ED) and Development Committee on all
● Support maintenance of Board, documents, records, and Give/Get commitments.
● Development Committee recruitment.
Donor Cultivation and Solicitation
● Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
● Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
● Manage the organization’s pipeline stewardship of donors.
● Identify and steward major donors and prospective Board Members in conjunction with ED.
● Utilize Board Members and stakeholders to engage new supporters.
● Partner with professionals and oversee strategic implementation of events and campaigns.
● Execute in partnership with Development Committee a strategy for a sustained base of annual individual donors.
● Oversee strategy and execution of special events.
● Represent SOJOURN at private/public functions as needed.
Grants and Sponsorship Strategy and Management
● Oversee grant research strategy.
● Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
Technology, Data Management, and Communications Management
● Manage the organization’s donor technology.
● Oversee staff execution of data entry and gift processing.
● Create and develop a donor-related communications strategy, communications, and content.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 5-7 years of fundraising experience.
• Exceptional presentation, facilitation, and people skills.
• Impeccable organizational skills.
• Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of the organization and advocates on behalf of the population served.
• The ability to effectively collaborate with community partners and collaborators.
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
• Capacity for flexibility and creativity.
• Represent SOJOURN publicly, maintaining propriety when expressing one’s personal opinion.
LOCATION: SOJOURN’s main office is in Atlanta, GA. We will consider candidates located anywhere in the Southeastern U.S.
● Salary is $80,000-$85,000/year commensurate with experience.
● This role will be a salaried, full-time position.
● Healthcare benefits.
● Jewish, Federal Holidays, and Paid Time Off.
TARGETED START DATE: Second Quarter of 2022
TO APPLY, SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Cover letters should address the following questions and be no longer than two pages, 12 pt. font, double spaced:
• What excites you about raising funds for SOJOURN?
• What do you think is most challenging about fundraising for an organization whose focus is LGBTQ+ people, Jews, and the South?
SOJOURN is an equal opportunity employer.